Friday, January 16, 2009

10/14/2006 Adoption Update e-mail

Greetings once again,

This is the second to last installment of my updates. Here are the
major events from the last few days:

10/10/2006 - Tuesday Night: I wasn't going to leave Peru without getting some
strange illness again. About the time we were getting everyone showered
and ready for bed, my hands and feet started turning bright red and
began itching like crazy. Within 30 minutes my whole body started to
feel very strange, and I broke out in hives all over my body . Once again,
it was good to be staying in the house of a doctor. Unfortunately, the
doctor and his wife, Patrizia were out that evening, but Consuelo, who
works at the house, was able to call them. They broke off their evening
out, and came home where the doctor decided it was probably a food
allergy, and not a spider bite, which is what I had contemplated. We
still don't know what it could have been because I didn't eat anything new
that day. Anyway, the shot worked, and by morning I was back to
normal. The doctor offered to let Andrea give me the shot in the butt,
but she declined.
Consuelo and her helper

Patrizia, Juan Manuel and Daniel Villacorta with Andrew


10/11/2006 - Wednesday: We didn't get the call from the embassy, so it became clear that the boys and I would be leaving alone. We spent our last day in
downtown Lima where we visited a beautiful cathedral on the plaza, and
another cathedral which had catacombs underneath. There we saw lots and
lots of bones. On Wednesday night we said our farewells, and the boys
and I made it through all the Peru customs pretty uneventfully. Our
flight left at 12:20 am., and we had a whole row on the plane to
ourselves. Josh and T.J. each had two seats to lay down in. Andrew and
I had three seats in the middle to share of which Andrew used two. So,
suffice to say the boys slept through the night and I shifted around
trying to get comfortable.

The President of Peru's House

Cathedral Crypt

Cathedral

Catacombs


10/12/2006 - Thursday: We made it safely to St. Louis, where I was able to learn through an e-mail, by the son of the family in whose house we were
staying, that Andrea had learned that we had passed the immigration
investigation, but had not gotten the appointment for the VISA's. She
said that they expected to call her on Friday to set up the appointment
for next week. So, she told me to just go home and not wait for her.
However, I was too tired to safely drive home, so I spent the night in
St. Louis.

10/13/2006 - Friday: Hooray! Home at last! Andrea's mom was here to meet us, as well as all the neighborhood boys. They were jumping up trying to catch
a glimpse of the new sisters in our van, but they were not to be found.
However, they gave Josh and T.J. a hardy welcome home. I learned via
e-mail from Andrea that the appointment for the VISA interview is
scheduled for Monday at 8:00 am.. She says they should have the VISA's
the same day. She has already purchased her tickets for Monday night
(Tuesday 12:20 am). So, I'll be picking her and the girls up on Tuesday
morning at 10:45pm.
Friday was also Andrew's third birthday, and I know his mom was
disappointed to not be here for it.

That's it for now. I'll send out one last letter and picture when we're
all home together. Please pray for Andrea and the girls to come home
safely.

Chau,

Tim

No comments: