Friday, January 16, 2009

10/01/2006 Adoption Update e-mail

Hello everyone,

Sorry no pictures this time. I just wanted to let you all know that we made it to Lima, and are doing ok. Josh and I have both gotten sick again. Probably from a potato salad. I also have a cold to go with
it. We're both okay now. Luckily, the owner of the apartment we are staying in is a doctor. He gave an injection to stop the problem, and some antibiotics.

We were able to get the birth certificates finished on Friday. However, they made Andrea and I a year older than we are.... problems adding I guess. On Monday we will go to SNA to sign some papers, and then apply for passports. On Tuesday we will go to the American Embassy and start the process of trying to leave.

I'm a little concerned about getting tickets for the girls for our flight. We purchased our tickets through Orbitz, and Orbitz doesn't book one way flights originating from Lima. The flights are with Delta, so I may have to go directly with them. My problem is not having a phone and limited internet access. Right now, I'm in a McCafe a few blocks from our apartment. I may have to buy round trip tickets just to get the girls back home. Obviously, the tickets for the return trip to Lima would be wasted, but I think they'd have to honor the ones to the states. I'm not sure. I'll look into it more when we get the passports. I hope to be able to order the tickets early next week. I think we are on schedule to return on the date of our Orbit's tickets which is October 12th. Yet to be determined...

By for now,

Tim

No comments: